Chef Buddy Topher has travelled the globe developing his award winning recipes. Having competed in many cooking competitions, he is no amateur when it comes to the kitchen. His skills have been featured at the close of every episode of the Sporting Chef on The Sportsman Channel and broadcast on the NHK Network. Chef Topher has been accumulating awards and trophies for many years.
- Winning several Grand and Reserve Champion titles at the Fort Bend Pecan Festival, and also a Grand Champion Title for his Sweet Potato Pie. Chef Topher also received Honorable Mention by the Louisiana Cooking Magazine Contest for his Sweet Potato Recipe.
- 2nd place award in the Hot& Spicy Festival in Houston, Texas.
- Bear Creek Park Pentathlon 3 years Best Overall Gumbo Cooks.
- BASS PRO SHOP Katy, TX, competing and placing in the BBQ fish Category.
- Several Grand and Reserve Champion titles at the Katy Rice Festival, continuing on to the Texas State Rice Festival placing in all 4 divisions and winning the Reserve Grand Champion title, including Most Unusual Rice Dish. In the senior division taking first in all 5 categories.
- Placed in all 4 divisions of the International Rice Festival in Crowley, LA., winning the Seafood division two years in a row, becoming the first person to win the “Chef de Riz” title (best overall rice cook) outside the state of Louisiana.
- Central U.S. Champion GO-HAN Japanese Rice Cooking Champion and developing a new type of sushi (broadcast on NHK to 12 million viewers).
- Chef Topher has also given his time generously, providing cooking demonstrations for the Deaf and Hearing impaired summer camp and to raise money for the City of Corpus Christi Parks Department. He also donated dinners to raise money for the Bluebonnet Youth Ranch.